Chicken Fajitas are a great option for stream side lunch, and are able to be heated up and served without much of a time commitment, as a lot of the preparation can be done at home before heading to the river. Its an easy meal to serve that hits the spot especially when served with Bud Light Lime – or Lime-a-Ritas.
- Prior to heading to the river: soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Slide boneless/skinless chicken onto skewers and sprinkle with Fajita Seasoning (I use a gourmet seasoning found at my local super market)
- Prior to leaving for the river I cut Pablano, Sweet Red Peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes on skewers as well
- Prior to going I finely chop cilantro and place into a plastic bag
- Place skewers of chicken on a hot grill, be sure to cook thoroughly
- Place skewers of peppers, onions and tomatoes on grill to heat through (cook until the outer skin of the peppers starts to darken in color)
- While the chicken and vegetables are cooking peel skin off of 2 avocados and slice length wise into thin slices.
- When chicken and vegetables have finished cooking, move off to the side and place flour or corn tortillas onto the grill, lightly covering with cheese.
- While tortillas are on the grill slide chicken, vegetables, and tomatoes off of skewers onto them
- Sprinkle finely chopped cilantro, place avocado slice, and sprinkle additional cheese onto each