Pro MMA fighter with pending murder charges captured after 9-hour dragnet

Pro MMA fighter with pending murder charges captured after 9-hour dragnet

Pro MMA fighter with pending murder charges captured after 9-hour dragnet

Authorities have captured Cedric Joseph Marks about nine hours after he escaped from a prisoner transport van earlier Sun., Feb. 3, 2019. Their bodies were found 12 days later in rural Oklahoma.

The protective order request was denied.

Apparently, when the Montgomery County sheriff's deputies stopped for food at a McDonald's, Marks, a veteran of almost 60 MMA fights, seized his opportunity as he was able to escape and is still on the run as of this writing.

He was last seen in an orange jumpsuit, with no shirt, and restraints.

Marks was arrested and jailed in Grand Rapids, Mich., on the Temple warrant.

A former MMA fighter facing three pending murder charges spent hours on the loose in Texas on Sunday after escaping from a prisoner transport van that stopped at a McDonald's.

According to the arrest affidavit, Marks broke into Scott's home and threatened her on August 21, 2018.

Miguel Almiron completes record transfer from Atlanta to Newcastle
The victory over City has lifted Newcastle up to 14th in the league standings, five points clear of the relegation zone.

Like Scott, Pease alleged that Marks had choked her unconscious on more than one occasion, according to a court custody investigator. T.J. Cruz of the Bell County Sheriff's Department told the Telegram.

Fugitive former MMA fighter Cedric Marks is considered "extremely dangerous" by United States police.

Marks was recaptured by law enforcement Sunday afternoon. He was being extradited to Bell County to face that charge when he escaped.

Maya Maxwell, 26, was arrested and charged after she told police that she tried to hide Swearingin's vehicle in the Austin area after his disappearance.

Texas Prisoner Transport Services has contracts with several Central Texas departments, including Bell County, McLennan County and Hill County. Marks isn't wearing a shirt, as law enforcement found it after he fled.

She is accused of allowing Marks and Maxwell to stay in her home between January 5 and January 9. He had a relationship with Scott, who later asked a judge for a protective order after Marks reportedly threatened her and said he'd gotten away with murder in the past.

The Pease investigation has been active since 2009, Bloomington Deputy Chief Mike Hartley previously told the Telegram.

Related news

[an error occurred while processing the directive]