Prince Philip photographed not wearing seatbelt days after crash

Prince Philip photographed not wearing seatbelt days after crash

Prince Philip photographed not wearing seatbelt days after crash

"The passenger from the other auto told me, "I always wanted to meet a royal - but not in this way", the 72-year-old told the Sun. Asked about the presumably gentle reprimand, a spokesperson for the royal said that it was "a matter for Norfolk police".

British police have spoken with Prince Philip after the husband of Queen Elizabeth II was photographed apparently driving without wearing a seatbelt - just two days after he was involved in a serious vehicle crash.

Ms Fairweather, who suffered a broken wrist as a result of the accident, exclusively revealed to the Mirror that Her Majesty reached out to her via her most trusted lady-in-waiting, Mary Morrison.

Buckingham Palace said he had a valid driver's permit.

She was joined by son Prince Andrew for the service earlier today, but the Duke of Edinburgh was nowhere to be seen.

The mum-of-two who was taken to hospital after Prince Philip crashed into her vehicle last week, claims the Duke of Edinburgh still hasn't apologised to her.

"I know the Queen is a busy lady but I was really excited at the idea she might phone me", she said.

The Palace hasn't commented on the images.

On Thursday, Philip escaped without injury when his auto flipped over following a crash with another vehicle close to Sandringham.

Second Referendum A Way Through Brexit Impasse
But the prime minister could opt for the "nuclear option" - attaching a vote of confidence in the government to the no-deal vote. In December, only 47% of Tory voters thought their MPs should vote for the deal, while 37% thought they should vote it down.

A Norfolk Constabulary spokeswoman said the force was aware of the photographs and that 'suitable words of advice have been given to the driver'.

Witness Victoria Warne, 72, told Fairweather the identity of the other driver after her husband helped the Duke out of his overturned vehicle.

"As is standard procedure with injury collisions, the incident will be investigated and any appropriate action taken", police in Norfolk said.

"This confirmed His Royal Highness had no injuries of concern".

She added, "Receiving a message from someone else's partner who wasn't involved in the accident is confusing".

A day after the accident took place, Norfolk councillors agreed to cut the speed limit on the road where it happened, from 60mph to 50mph.

She said the only message she had received since the accident was from a police liaison officer who cryptically said "The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you".

"We are aware of the public interest in this case, however, as with any other investigation it would be inappropriate to speculate on the causes of the collision until an investigation is carried out".

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]