Turkish prosecutor says Khashoggi 'strangled' when he entered consulate, body dismembered

Turkish prosecutor says Khashoggi 'strangled' when he entered consulate, body dismembered

Turkish prosecutor says Khashoggi 'strangled' when he entered consulate, body dismembered

A top Turkish prosecutor said earlier in the day that journalist Jamal Khashoggi (jah-MAHL' khahr-SHOHK'-jee) was strangled as soon as he entered the consulate on October 2 and his body was dismembered before it was removed. And Turkey wants to know who ordered the journalist's slaying. Erdogan asked. "If we knew that, we would reveal the truth". He did not have a funeral yet.

"But that day, I was killed over and over again".

The chief prosecutor's office in Istanbul said that during those meetings, Turkey and Saudi Arabia had "agreed to investigate, search and uncover all details of the event from all angles and to bring those who carried out and planned it to ... justice". Cengiz said she had been shown no recordings of what happened inside the consulate and that she got most of her information from the media.

'He thought of the possibility of them capturing him.

"The president of the United States has to look at this from the point of view of humanity and consider it an global tragedy, and it should come before worldwide politics and diplomacy", she said.

The Turkish government claims it has audio footage of Khashoggi being interrogated, tortured, killed and dismembered.

'Naturally, after the first positive visit we had no reasons to think that there would be any sort of danger, ' Cengiz said.

"So long as those who are responsibile and the circumstances around the killing are not made public, released and evaluated, we will go on demanding the truth", Le Drian told RTL radio.

Jamal Khashoggi's image on a poster during an October 8 protest at the entrance to Saudi Arabia's consulate in Istanbul.

Saudi Consulate Vehicle Searched In Istanbul In Khashoggi Probe
Still, Pompeo stressed the strategic importance of the U.S. -Saudi relationship. Khashoggi was killed in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul earlier this month .

"I am disappointed by the actions of the leadership in many countries, particularly in the U.S.", she later told an audience in London.

Speaking about the probe into the murder of Khashoggi, Celik said it was "not an action to be performed without instructions from a higher level". "Let's not let money taint our conscience and compromise our values".

Cengiz also said she wished she had entered the consulate instead of Khashoggi.

The Saudi representatives said the whereabouts of Khashoggi's remains and whether the killing was premeditated or not would only come to light through a joint interrogation by Turkish and Saudi investigators, according to the statement. Trump told reporters at the White House on Wednesday: "I just hope it all works out".

"Who sent these 15 people?"

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday that the Saudis are protecting the person responsible for Jamal Khashoggi's murder, adding that Turkey would not abandon its investigation.

In her strongest public comments yet on the subject, she said worldwide experts should have complete access to evidence and witnesses.

Foreign minister Adel al Jubeir has described the worldwide outcry over the killing as "hysterical" - and told critics they should should wait until Riyadh has completed its investigation before ascribing blame.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]