Thai cave rescue sees four more boys freed

Thai cave rescue sees four more boys freed

Thai cave rescue sees four more boys freed

Tracy also noted that the glimpse we've seen of the trapped boys showed they appeared to be in good spirits.

But Brick said unlike Minnesota, the Tham Luang cave complex is much warmer, which may have helped the boys and their coach avoid hypothermia before help arrived.

In an indication of how unsafe the journey can be, a former Thai navy diver died in the caves on Friday. Last week, Musk sent engineers from two of his companies, SpaceX and Boring Co., to assist Thai officials in the rescue effort, which comprises a large team of worldwide diving, engineering and medical experts, among other professionals.

The 12 boys and their coach were trapped in the cave for two weeks.

The saga has dominated global headlines, with the team spending nine days unaccounted for inside the cave, before British divers found the emaciated and dishevelled group huddling on a muddy bank above the flooding.

Authorities have been tightlipped about the progress of Monday's operation. A massive global search operation was launched and it took 10 days to locate the boys, who had taken shelter on a dry slope deep in the complex.

The Thai navy SEAL unit, which has been overseeing the rescue, later confirmed on its Facebook page that the total number of boys brought out was eight.

The soccer team seen in the cave last week, before anyone was rescued.

Thais have been fixated on the crisis, hoping desperately for the safe return of the 12 boys and their 25-year-old football coach, after they ventured into the Tham Luang cave complex after practice and became trapped by rising waters more than a fortnight ago.

Eight boys have been removed from the cave by a team of Thai and global divers, but four others and the 25-year-old coach remain inside the cave, where they have been trapped for more than two weeks, according to The Washington Post's Shibani Mahtani.

The first boy emerged from the cave at 5:40 p.m. local time, followed 10 to 20 minutes later the second boy, Osatanakorn said. It was unclear who was inside the ambulance or the helicopter.

The hazardous bid to rescue the boys - aged between 11 and 16 - started unexpectedly on Sunday when the rescue team said conditions were ideal for the evacuation.

They are part of a youth soccer team known as the Wild Boars.

Trump mocks #MeToo, calls senator 'Pocahontas' during campaign stop
Elizabeth Warren of MA while speaking at a campaign rally for Republican state auditor Matt Rosendale in Montana on Thursday. He adds that journalists questioning his readiness "don't say that". "It's time to retire liberal Democrat Jon Tester ", Mr.

Rescue mission chief Narongsak Osottanakorn said it had resumed, with divers re-entering the cave at 11am local time (4pm NZT). It takes several hours. They were in good condition in hospital, officials said.

Eight boys are still inside the cave and along with the team coach.

It was Harris who gave the medical all-clear for rescue efforts to begin.

Narongsak said rescuers had to tighten a guide rope as part of their preparations for the second phase of the rescue on Monday.

Reporters at the scene said a sixth boy had been extracted, but officials have yet to confirm it. Rescue crews are anxious about the amount of air the trapped children are using, which is being drained rapidly.

The soccer team had been trapped in the underground cave network since June 23.

Extracting group could take three to four days.

Workers have been laboring around the clock to pump water out of the cave, and authorities said Monday that heavy downpours overnight did not raise water levels inside. "And we have more expertise than yesterday", he said.

Thailand's Meteorological Department said there was a 60 percent chance of rain Monday with thunderstorms forecast throughout the week.

The rescue operation began Sunday and has been progressing rapidly.

Elon Musk's Space X rocket company is testing a "kid-sized submarine" that could be sent to help boys trapped in a flooded Thailand cave. If the tests were successful, the sub was to be placed on a 17-hour flight to Thailand.

The four boys pulled from the cave Sunday in an urgent and risky operation that involved them diving through the cave's tight and twisting passages were in good health.

The four boys who are out have been taken to the hospital.

Related news

[an error occurred while processing the directive]